Dr. Tripp's book is full of useful and practical tips. The six commitments he highlights in his book are:
1. We will give ourselves to a regular lifestyle of confession and forgiveness
2. We will make growth and change our daily agenda
3. We will work together to build a sturdy bond of trust
4. We will commit to building a relationship of love
5. We will deal with our differences with appreciation and grace
6. We will work to protect our marriage
"These commitments are not rooted in the trust of your spouse, they are rooted in Jesus Christ. When I realize the grace I have been given, I want to give them to those I care about. Grace means having a regular lifestyle of confession and forgiveness. We live in a broken world, and we are all selfish, and we need a way of dealing with that. Grace never calls wrong right. It doesn't mean living with the mess. Grace is about how we deal with the failures. It's not forgetting, because we want to learn from them; it is not holding them against somebody."